Denim has always been a key player when it comes to trends and this spring is no different. Here are 7 denim trends for the season:
1. Denim Shorts – Pair tailored denim shorts with some flats or ankle boots and layer tights underneath to wear them through fall.
See by Chloé Rolled Boyfriend Shorts, $295
Topshop Corset High Waist Hotpant, $60
2. White Denim – White denim in a skinny capri cut is perfect for the summer months with a long beachy tunic or comfy metallic docksiders.
J. Crew Nolita White Denim Jacket, $98
American Eagle Outfitters White Destroyed Skinny Jeans, $50
3. Denim Blazers – Throwing back to the groovy 70’s, pair a denim blazer with extra-baggy trousers, a plain tank, and even a long romantic dress.
Vivienne Westwood Red Label Asymmetric Denim Blazer, $575
Balmain Faded Denim Jacket, $4435
4. Denim Dresses – Last year, the denim dresses looked very country prairie girl, but this year, the denim dresses are going towards the hippie vibe paired with some high platforms and lots of jewelry and layered chains.
Hawks by Geren Ford Smocked Minidress, $78
Lilya Samaire Denim Shirt Dress, $159
5. Patchwork Denim – Patchwork denim screams the unforgettable Janis Joplin, which looks quite sophisticated when paired up with a sequin blazer or satin trousers.
Cheap Monday Floral Patchwork Jean, $88
6. Chambray Shirts – Chambray shirts are a little oversized and slightly worn in for the vintage and looks great knotted at the waist with a pencil skirt or as a coverup at the beach.
Topshop Bleach Denim Oversized Shirt, $60
Future Favorites Boyfriend Medium Denim Shirt, $29.99
7. Denim Trousers – These pleated denim trousers look great paired with a super-skinny t-shirt or an oversized tuxedo shirt with some sexy heels.
Gap Pleated Railroad Jeans, $35
Current/Elliott Pleated Trousers, $224